1. Dissatisfaction with ordinary intimacy – If a couple has lost their emotional bond, it has never been established this can be a barrier to connect.
4. Falling out of love with your partner yet not wanting to end the relationship- Instead of choosing to either improve the relationship or decisively choosing to end the relationship, infidelity occurs.
5. To escape from the current problems and responsibilities of a relationship- When a couple is unable to communicate or resolve issues they wind up arguing with each other or end up avoiding each other. This is when a person may seek outside relief and commits an act of infidelity.
7. Viewed as a normal part of the life – Due to cultural and religious perspectives, personal beliefs and values some may view extramarital relationships as a normal aspect of the relationship. However, if both partners do not see relationships in the same way this can cause emotional turmoil, jealousy and unrest.
8. Impulsive and compulsive behavior-Individuals who are dealing with sex addiction, workaholism, shopping addiction, substance use, gambling or the desire for emotional drama seek comfort from impulsive or compulsive behaviors.